1. What schools will accept NJIS students when they have successfully completed the program?
Being accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) from California, NJIS students are accepted to public and private school worldwide.
2. What are school hours?
Monday to Friday
Pre-Kindergarten 07.30 AM - 12.15 PM
Kindergarten to Grade 12 07.30 AM - 2.30 PM
After-school activities run after 2.30 PM
3. How will an ESL student transferring from local school cope with the English?
Students applying for admission whose competence in English is not sufficient for them to participate actively in, and benefit from, the regular instruction program are enrolled first in the English as a Second Language program. ESL is offered for the Lower School and Middle School.
4. Is Mandarin taught?
Yes, Mandarin class is offered twice a week.
5. What is the maximum class size?
The maximum number is 22 students per class. The classroom sizes are 64m2.
6. Does the school provide students with text books?
Yes, the school provides textbooks. However, they must be returned to the school at the end of the school year.
7. What happen if students would like to take UN at the last year in NJIS before they graduate?
They can register to the neighborhood local school pointed by Ministry of Education to take the National Exam or they can join a government program, Paket A, B or C to get the National Graduation Certificate.
8. Does the school cooperate with foreign universities that ensures child can get into the University?
NJIS has an in-house school counselor that actively arranges college and university fair visits, both in and out of school, and helps senior students complete the admission process.
9. How does the MOE new regulations affect International Schools.
The Ministry of Education has made changes to the way international schools may operate.
- Schools may no longer use the term ' International'.
- Schools must also employ at least 30 % local teaching staff.
- Schools must add Bahasa Indonesia, religion and civics to their curriculum.