Our Student Learner Outcomes are keyed to the acronym WE ACT:
Have a Global Worldview
- Collaborate on projects on issues of local and global concern
- Select appropriate information, express opinions and take action on important global matters
- Critically assess issues of social justice and ethical responsibility, and take action to challenge discrimination and inequality
- Acknowledge and reflect upon themselves as global citizens
Are Engaged Learners
- Ask questions, learn collaboratively, seek help when needed and offer help when able.
- Listen to a variety of ideas and respond to the input of others.
- Express their opinions & describe their perspectives.
- Discuss, debate and problem-solve with the group.
- Exert the effort necessary effort to master difficult skills and understand complex ideas.
Are Academically Minded
- Enjoy learning, display curiosity, and approach the world with an open mind.
- View challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Ask and answer their own questions, identify personal learning goals, and design and carry out learning plans.
- Confidently use existing knowledge and skills to solve real-world problems.
- Are self-critical, self-correcting, and flexible in thinking and acting.
- Speak, read, write, and listen effectively for a variety of purposes, and across a variety of media.
- Use appropriate communication and communications technology in different environments.
- Listen to others with empathy and understanding.
- Accept and offer constructive criticism.
- Approach problem-solving with persistence and creativity, both independently and through collaboration.
- Start from questions, not from assumptions.
- Locate appropriate information, evaluate its quality, organize it, and use it effectively.
- Make informed decisions by basing their understandings on data and evidence.
- Shift their understandings to fit the data.